The following content is required on all VCU sites, in order to provide consistent methods for visitors to contact the respective department and to notify visitors that the site is kept up to date.
VCU specific checklist
- A link to the VCU homepage with "Virginia Commonwealth University" spelled out. Including the VCU branding bar does not fulfill this requirement.
- A link to the parent organization for your department or school (if applicable).
- Contact information (address, phone, email) for your organization (This can be placed on a separate contact page that is linked from every page.)
- The most recent date the site or page was last updated or reviewed. The date must be less than 12 months ago.
- No instances of "PO Box ####." Due to a Trademark by the USPS, use "Box ####" instead.
- Include a link to accessibility.vcu.edu info
- Include a mailto link to firstname.lastname@example.org for website problems.
- The website must contain a helpful 404 error page.
- The website must include a search mechanism (if applicable).
- Content about courses should link directly to the appropriate page in bulletin.vcu.edu instead of duplicating the existing content.